Why Responsible Tourism Implementation ??
Kerala Tourism has won United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Awards for for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism, presented on January 22 in Madrid, the capital of Spain.
ResponsibleTourism establishes ones Social and Cultural Responsibility, - Environmental Responsibility of a individual Associations,entrepreneurs, in the Tourism industry and to contribute to the socio economic, moral development of the region. ABT (Association of British Travel Agencies)in Britain made clear that 60% of tourists are keen to know about the local issues of their destinations and them believe that their visit can be beneficial to the local community The need for responsible tourism arises when there arises the negative practices determent to tourism as well as the envoirment , society exists such as
• Pollution of backwaters and small canals
• Displacement of local people
• Conversion of agricultural land to non-agricultural uses by filling paddy fields
• Denial of local access to the backwaters by tourism properties
• Pollution of public places
• Tourism related immoral activities
• Increasing consumption of alcohol and tendency for drug usage
• Encroachment of backwater shores by tourism properties
Responsible tourism promotes, induces Cultivation of items like Plantain flower, papaya, tender coconut and plantains by farmers to hotels. for vegetable cultivation, fish processing, chapatti making, chicken processing, supply of tender coconuts, gift making, pappad making, handicraft and painting, Coconut, tender coconuts, coconut oil, pappad etc to be supplied to hotels at kumarakom .It underlines the importance of Kudumbasree in the tourism industry for various provisions to hotels . It emphasis the need of Local awareness and involvement towards the growth of tourism industry in the region .
The benefits Of Responsible Tourism
• Poverty alleviation and environmental sustainability & economic stability
• Involment of Local people in Tourism Industry
• Socio. Economic, development of Area
• Increase in production of agricultural,Dairy,Handicraft, coir production
• Better place to live with better comforts
Seasonal Trip’s contribution to Responsible Sustainable Tourism
For seasonal Trip it is about providing more rewarding holiday experiences for guests whilst enabling local communities to enjoy a better quality of life and conserving the natural environment. The definition often preferred on Responsible Tourism is that ‘it is about creating better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit’.
Seasonal Trip educates students on importance of Envoirment preservation in Tourism
Seasonal Trip emphasis importance of travel to destinations in India where the flora, fauna, and cultural heritage are the primary attraction and say that we promote such tours only
Seasonal trip highlight the saving of the environment around you and preserving the natural luxuries and forest life
Seasonal Trip underlines the importance of how man and the environment can live in harmony
Seasonal Trip holds the principle of travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people
Seasonal Trip advises its clients to. Support local businesses during your eco-travels to ensure maximum community and conservation benefit from guest spending.
Seasonal Trip explains do's and don'ts of -tourism
• Carry back all non-degradable litter such as empty bottles, tins, plastic bags etc. These must not litter the environment or be buried. They must be disposed in municipal dustbins
• Observe the sanctity of holy sites, temples and local cultures
• Cut noise pollution. Switch off mobile Do not blare aloud radios, tape recorders or other elctronic entertainment equipment in nature resorts, sanctuaries and wildlife parks.
• Respect people's privacy while taking photographs. Ask for prior permission before taking a photograph.
• Do not take away flora and fauna in the forms of cuttings, seeds or roots. In parks biological garden etc
• Do not use pollutants such as detergent, in streams or springs while washing and bathing.
• Do not use wood as fuel to cook food at the campfire
• Do not leave cigarettes butts or make open fires in the forests.
• Do not tempt the locals, especially children by offering them foodstuff or sweets
• Polythene and plastics are non biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be used and littered
The principles of theGlobal Code of Ethics for Tourism by UNWTO
Honouring local traditions and customs
Research your destination to learn all that you can about local customs and traditions. It is a great way to build understanding of the local community and excitement for your adventure ahead
Learn to speak a few words in the local language. This can help you connect with the local community and its people in a more meaningful way.Experience and respect all that makes destination different and unique from its history, architecture and religion to its music, art and cuisine.
Supporting the local economy
• Buy locally-made handicrafts and products.
• Respect local vendors and artisans by practicing fair trade.
• Do not buy counterfeit products and items that are prohibited by national
Respecting the environment
Reduce your environmental impact by being a good steward of natural resources and
Protect wildlife and their natural habitats.
Purchase products that are not made using endangered plants or animals.
Take photos instead of protected artefacts as mementos of your trip.
Leave only your footprint and a good impression behind.
5 NIGHTS / 6 DAYS HONEYMOON PACKAGE
Beautiful Honeymoon Package kerala that a just married couple can ever have at "Gods Own Country"
Enjoy the beauty of Vembanad lake and start your
5 NIGHTS 4 DAYS Students tour Package.Minimum 45 Students. 4 teachers complementary
5 NIGHTS / 6 DAYS PREMIUM KERALA PACKAGE
This package promises a relaxed premium holiday at Kerala gods own country.You can enjoy the Historical Kochi, Misty mountains of Munnar, the wilderness of Thekkady an